Friday, November 7, 2008

My Neck Hurts Because Lecture Halls Were Not Created With Napping In Mind

Wow... a little side note here, I totally just got thrown off... I was expecting to write this while watching Heroes... but there was no new episode of Heroes... Wow... It's like I have an hour of my life just there for me to do whatever with... I'll just waste time on Youtube...

Anyways, I woke up today pretty early, it was around 6-ish. I knew my alarm would be going off at 6:30, so I went back to sleep. Then i woke up to turn it off at 6:30... Then I fell back asleep till 7. I was going to get up, when I realized, my mom was getting up at 8, and going to wake me up then anyways, so i again, went back to sleep. I finally woke up and got up at 8. I ate and made sure I got all of my stuff together. I had to get to campus early for an appointment with my adviser. I got there about half an hour early, and sat around till 10 when she was ready to see me. We chatted a bit, she basically told me what classes I should take. Now, this is my only real problem with this whole meeting. I'm working towards my architecture degree because I feel myself to be note worthy in Art, Math, and Science. So, I took my physics, and my introductory Archy classes and what not... so I. in my opinion, got a pretty good start to all of my required courses, but then my adviser started talking about courses in which I haven't earned any credits for (social sciences, and cultural diversity). So now I know that I'll have to take Africology courses to become an architect, which, I'm sorry if you don't agree, is very very pointless. The only reason i have to take these almost completely unrelated courses, is because UWM wants to squeeze an extra semester or two's tuition out of me. Thanks jackasses!!! You better give me some beastie ass financial aid! So then I left, mildly satisfied with how that had all gone. I went online for a bit before showing up to archy. I tried my best to pay attention, but then I just gave up and tried to nap... just a little! But, as my title implies, those lecture halls are not designed with naps in mind. The little desks are WAY to small to try and rest on, the backs of the chairs are not high enough to try and slouch, and the chairs were too slim to try to lean on the open seats to my sides. So now my neck is stiff, and the nap really sucked... Now I'm back in the union (Yep... again) and like I said, there is no new Heroes to watch. So I'm currently watching Obama's acceptance speech (He's getting a puppy!!!). It's a really pimp speech (no real surprise there...). Now I'm probably going to just kick my feet around online till I've had enough and catch the bus back home. Although, as soon as I get back to BD, I'm not going home... first I've got to walk to the library (again! I went last night as well... I really didn't want to walk home... but I forgot my bus pass at home, and like Hell anyone would just come pick me up and take me home).

Also, one more thing. As you know, I watched the Bloodrayne movie a few days ago, well last night, I watched the sequel. Now, the first one, as I found out, was highly regarded as a terrible, awful, horribly bad atrocious movie... And I didn't by any means think it was THAT bad. I listed my beefs with it (One thing I forgot to mention was the plot was a bit silly, and at times didn't make much of any sense...). But the second one... wow... I even went into it thinking the premise was kinda cool. Vampires in the 'wild' west, c'mon, that shit doesn't happen often. Most vampire stories now take place in High schools (yeah I did!). So, I started it think it would be better than its predecessor. But it just took all of the mistakes of the first one, and made them twice as prominent. Billy the Kid was some kind of pedophil vampire, people died and then came back later for no reason, the main actress never went topless... Oh God, it was just bad... Half way through I stopped paying attention and went on the computer. I still let it play through so that I could technically say I "watched it". It's hard to say that much was really good in it. Almost everything had varying degrees of bad (note that when I saw bad, I don't mean that it was awful, I just can't bring myself to say it was good. I'm not a complete dick when it comes to reviews). When the movie started, I thought I was watching Borat, the way the camera followed people, the cast all being retards, and even the mention of a 'god-damn bear'. The movie was just bad... and the dialouge sounded like they were trying to make some teen comedy sex romp... And I'm sorry, I can not take a movie serious, if the title on the cover and the title card in the movie differ (Where'd the 2 go? Where'd the 2 go?!?!?!?!) Stay away... far away... Unless you're curious to just see how bad it is. I'm gonna go now and try not to have nightmares... with a sore neck...

No comments: