Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Day That Just Dragged...

Today was silly. I woke up around 9, which gave me plenty of time to get ready to leave around 11. I wanted to get onto campus early, because I've been late to my lab the past few classes (not that it matters all that much... it's a 3 1/2 hour class...). So I got all my stuff ready, listened to some music and read until about 10:30. I wanted to leave earlier than 11, because I was going to stop at Wendy's to pick something up to eat. I wasn't in the mood for anything big, I'd just been craving Wendy's for some time. So I walk there. It's open. I go inside. I place my order. I get my food. I leave. I got a Double Stack with Cheese, and a Crispy Chicken Sandwich (I less than three the dollar menu!!!). I left and started walking to the bus stop. On the way over, I ate my chicken sandwich. It was tasty. I finished that and unwrapped my next sandwich. I got to the bus stop around now. I opened up my sandwich to see if there were any pickles inside. Much to my dislike there were. So I took them out, it wasn't too big a deal, I do it for all of my hamburgers... I hate pickles... But here is when things went terribly wrong... My art portfolio, which weighs about 20 some odd pounds, started to slip off of my shoulder. I could feel it slowly slipping. For the next few moments, my world slowed down. My mind was racing, scrambling for the strap, but it was too late. It fell to my elbow causing my upper arm to jerk back. Noooooooooooooo! That's my sandwich hand! My Sandwich hand!!! I could see the delicious beef and cheese flying out of my hand, but at that moment, time caught up with itself (see Big Fish for thoughts of time slowing down). SPLAT! My breakfast! On the ground! Ruined! It's all ruined!!! You would not believe how much that pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now almost 7 hours later, it still fills my heart with rage! the rest of my day seems so two dimensional when compared to that... AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

No comments: