Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maybe Next Year'll Be Better...

True enough, 2008 is coming to a close. Tomorrow night we will all stay up late and bring in the new year. New Years has always been sort of a bullshit holiday, what with me not being one of those moronic party animals... Oh well, I usually try to make the best of it. And, even if it doesn't end up at all how I planned, the night always has a story (like last year where I spent New Years at Denny's...). So, this year, the bros are planning to spend a few hours in a feeding frenzy vortex before heading on over to Kiwi's for a Twilight Zone marathon (thank you Sci-Fi channel for supplying the masses with this treat every year). It's quite mundane and well, not all that out of the ordinary for us... I mean, I always look forward to hanging out with peoples (especially this past semester. One day a week at max was not enough), but this hardly breaks our average night together. I guess I shouldn't complain too much seeing as how I'll still be in good company, and I really don't have any other plans... It just seems like we should be doing more y'know... Plus there's this question looming about my mind as to how I will 'celebrate' for midnight. I mean, Aron offered to suck my dick at midnight, but I don't think he'll even show up. Also if I blow a load that late I'll probably just fall asleep... But the thing is that Maddie asked me what I'm doing New Years, and I don't really mind hanging out with her (at least I'm trying not to... sometimes it can be pretty tough), but if I see her at midnight... awkward... It'll just be really weird, and, although I can't be positive about this, I'm pretty sure that will put a damper on my night... And yet I don't want to just blantently say 'screw off and find your own party', because well 1. I'm not a total jackass and 2. People have already told her they're busy and didn't invite her. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm taking pity on her... pity's not the right message I want to send. Well, anyways, here's to everything coming together, and next year being a bight brighter than the last. I know there's no way to completely rid my life of heart-ache and failure, but I'm trying to be optamistic, which, in today's time, is more than a feat.

In other news, I'll catch you all up on my life's happenings. Hummm... when was the last time I even posted??? That was the night where we were all at Kiwi's and Aron went nutzy... I don't even remember when that was, so I'll just talk about what happened yesterday (I'm clearly confusing myself). So, Steve's parents were out of town. Let me repeat that, Steve's parents were out of town... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY! But wait!!! What about Steph, the cold dark ice princess with a petrified banana shoved up her ass?!?!?! (If by any small chance Steph reads this, I'm sorry... I know how much my bad grammer affects you). Cool! She had work from 12:30 to 4:30!!! So Catherine drove (Rofl) and picked up Kiwi, Andrew and myself to all go to Steve's while the oppression of Nazi Germany was gone. It was fun. We actually got to walk around Steve's house for once! We looked at all of the pictures on the walls and witnessed their tales of depression, anger, solitude, corruption and dessolation. Plus, we got to be as loud as we wanted, so we were shouting up and down stairs, screaming obscenities, and making less than vague sexual remarks to Catherine... wait... We say shit like that to her anyways, but I guess we were louder doing it now. Plus we ate some of the corn his grandma gave hime (yes, that's right). We also watched a bunch of youtube videos and new movie trailers. Then 4:30 rolled around and we knew we had to sca-dadle on over to the library to pick up Steph, plus I was going to pick up the stuffs I had on reserve. I picked up "Year Zero" and "The Downward Spiral" by Nine Inch Nails, and two more Batman Graphic Novels (Knightfall pt. 2 and The Killing Joke). Steph, however, was not there. So Catherine called her as Steve drove us all home. I needed to be the first to go because I had work (which at this point I was a little late for). I quick ate, and called in saying I'd be a few minutes late. Work was a pain. No really. I felt pain coursing through my body. Damn people and their inability to pick up new tricks... Blarg. So yeah, I just got a call from Kiwi about plans for tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure he'll read this tonight. So. Hi. Although, once I finally got home from work, I looked at all of the books and stuff I'm in the middle of: A few graphic novels, Twilight (I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I've finally started reading it. I'm really morally opposed to these books, but I need to read them to mold a more accurate analysis. That way, I can look down on them with more legitamacy), plus two Nails cds which I've sorely missed. All of these things tempted me back into my graphic novel. Yes, I am making a graphic novel and it will be an awesome tale of mental instability in some renegade vampires (you know... real vampires). So I worked on that for a little over an hour and did a lot of brushing up on the stuff I'd already had 'done'. Then somewhere around midnight 30, I popped in Forgetting Sarah Marshal (one of the movies I borrowed from Steve) and stayed up to watch that. I liked it, just not as much as some of the other Aptow flicks. It was nice to see Seigel as a lead role though. And then when I finally packed up to go to bed, I couldn't fall asleep, so I had a rough night. Yep, that sounds about right. It's time for me to go home now. Fuck you, you don't get any more... bye

No comments: