Saturday, January 3, 2009

My New Years Eve: A Shot Of Stoopid With A Twist Of Loser

With my current situation, I post less often, but encompass more days in each individual post. Well, fuck that. This post will be entirely devoted to one of the most commonly known let downs of the year: New Years Eve.





My day started off around noon, as do most of my days during winter break. I really should fix that because getting 12 hours of sleep each night is really taking up all of my time... But anyways, I got up and milled about the house. Kiwi called... umm... sometime around 2 I think. I told him I was gonna hop in the shower and try to get to his house in about an hour. However, I got caught up with 102.1's countdown of the top 102 songs of 08. Like any countdown, it's best to just look at the list as a whole, and not in their special order... So I was late to getting in the shower, and I still had to eat some Christmas leftovers. Once Andrew and I finally left, we went to Pick N' Save so he could withdraw some moneyz. It was somewhere around now that I realized (I guess I should mention that Andrew had called Sam 2-3 times already) that Andrew should leave my cell number with Sam so if she were to try and call us, I would actually pick up. Andrew agreed with me (who wouldn't), took my phone (cuz it has my number in it) and headed back home to call Sam yet again, and leave a message with my number on it. Meanwhile, I waited for a bus to sweep me off to Kiwi's. I expected myself to get there around 3, I got there around 4:30. We chatted for a bit before reading the descriptions of the episodes of Twilight Zone from then one till some-odd time in the early morning. Then Kiwi popped in the second disc of The Dark Knight, and we watched a few special features. Right about here is when Andrew rolled in. I found out Jacob had called me/him while he was gonna and Andrew wasted most of my minutes listening to my voicemail. Either way, we could see that Jacob was noobbing this place up. So Kiwi called him and talked to him while Andrew and myself made fun of him in the background. Apparently he had no money and couldn't find his bus ticket, so I offered to spot his meal for the night, if he just found his bus ticket to get here (or at least scrape up 2$ in change... shouldn't be that hard). But then, as if a miracle had occurred, Jacob's dumbass found his bus ticket... retard. So he finally got himself on a bus (he called me shortly before that and said that a bus driver saw him chasing the bus and drove off anyways). Until then it was just Andrew myself and Kiwi watching some classic Twilight Zone episodes. Right about here is when Kiwi told us that Steve was talking to him last night and likely said he wouldn't show up because he was under the impression that this small party was turning into some major thing with a bunch of people all wandering about. So, right about here is when I realized: Tonight was gonna suck... Not only did all of the extra invited people not show up... two of the main people were showing up late or not at all. It looks as though this year will be just like any other... Nevertheless, I tried to enjoy myself, Jake got there, and Kiwi's dad gave us a ride over to Taylor & Dunn's (if a bit begrudgingly... we did sort of just spring it up on him). We got a table pretty quickly, despite our assumptions that it would be busy today, and since we were there around supper time. As expected all of Kiwi and Jake's coworkers recognized and said hi to them. One of them was even nice enough to buy us an appetizer (sweet! He's my favorite person that works there now (sorry Kiwi)). We all basically got sandwiches. Half of us took onion rings, the other half got fries. Plus we had our free appetizer of cheese curds (which we got because we didn't want to the more expensive sampler, and seem like dicks). I got a chicken ruben and onion rings, both of which were very tasty, but more like home made tasty. It was good. And while we were eating, I was texting Catherine and trying to work out a way to save her from the lame as shit 'party' (oh, but I forgot, it's not a party if you don't have alcohol) she was at. We devised a plan and the rest of us enjoyed the rest of our meals. We saved tidbits of food for her as a joke, and all pitched in to get her an appetizer as well. Now, it was after 8 by the time we were done eating and left... so you know what that means!!! The bus was free for all of the drunks!!! So we left Taylor & Dunn's, and walked all the way to Pick N' Save by my house. That was an interesting walk... I'm pretty sure we told a cop to honk his horn... Anywho, we got aaaaaalllllllllll the way over to Pick (which was an easier walk than I had expected it to be... I don't know why) and well... They were closed. Actually they were in the process of kicking people out and shooing away the rest (which would have been us). Catherine was texting me again, now asking if we were done eating (are we ever done eating? C'mon now...). We walked over to the bus stop and were a bit afraid that it wasn't running because we hadn't seen any buses this whole time... So Jake called up MCTS and got the bus times He was so pissed when he found out that the next bus was coming at 9:10! Well, that is, he was pissed until I told him it was 9:05... So we waited, saw Vlad and company come out of Wendy's, words were exchanged, and then finally hopped on the bus. It felt pretty badass to be riding the bus on over to Kiwi's for free (which is odd because I do it all the time... thank you UWM bus pass!). We got there and turned on some more Twilight Zone. We of course talked and, as unfortunate as it was, generally ignored the Twilight Zone. Then Catherine and her ride, Connor, showed up. It was nice Catherine could make it because now it wasn't a total sausage fest (no offense guys...). I remember not liking Connor all that much, but around us he was okay. I guess it's just really the people he hangs with that are no good...



Anywho, it was all fun and games until Kiwi heard a tapping on the door. Tap. Tap. Tap. Kiwi slowly got up and left the room, and before he exited my vision, he uttered the words 'I'll be right back'. He walked. Slowly. Towards his back door. It is so dark out. Abnormally dark. Like the blacks of the eye. And then. He saw it! It was repulsing! He could not believe his eyes. The horror! The horror. He raced back into the room, terror stricken, the blood had flushed from his face, he was as pale as a ghost. In between pants he was able to sound out these few syllables: It's Steve.



Yep. Steve decided to show up. Which also meant Catherine could stay longer (Connor had to leave at 11). So it was a grand old time filled with College 101 filming, verbal insults, random insightful conversation, Pokemon Master Trainer, talking about Aron behind his back, and you can't forget about all that good ol' sexual tension (Kiwi and I go way back). Yeah, it was a pretty awesome time, and the night ended up being by no means a complete loss. We even counted down twice, once for our midnight, and once for New York's midnight (don't they know that's at 11?!?!?!). Kiwi even handed out poppers to us all so we got to scare the shit out of Bill Cosby. Plus, Kiwi's mom gave us shrimp for good luck, and whether or not I will receive good luck from it... it was still really good shrimp! So, in the end, the only thing I have against the night was that my lonely ass had no one to kiss at midnight (sad face). I've sort of got an IOU in that department, so I guess I can see past it. Anyways, the night didn't end there. Well, it did for Catherine and Connor. Catherine drove herself home (Steve and I drove with), and Connor left at about 12:30. We were still out partying till a little after 5 when Steve, Andrew, and myself finally said 'it's time for some fucking sleep'. So we headed out, thus concluding our long as shit celebration of the coolest loosers eva'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: