Monday, January 12, 2009

Return Of The Blog!

Hey there party people! It's been a while since I've had a blog with any testicles, but that'll [hopefully] change by the end of the night! Now, since I haven't been doing much blogging, needless to say, a lot of stuff has happened. Plus, I have no idea when most of this stuff even happened, so I'm just going to go through it all as I remember it.

First, I've gotten a few movies watched. Kung-fu Panda (Dreamworks animation has finally done right by me. Not only did they have a great cast of voice actors, but a good enough story to go along with them. Plus, they have hammered out some really impressive visuals, some even close to The One And Only. And, the thing that really got me hyped about the movie was the fantastic art direction that went along with it! Every character model was well thought out as well as synched with the voices, and there was a clear researched knowledge of Chinese art.), Memento (which was sort of what I expected it to be. I mean, I had known prior to watching it that it wasn't chronological, so the piece by piece story line was expected. The story was good and the way it was told was really interesting, however, I for one saw the ending coming...), Slapshots (Which was a pretty funny hockey movie (when is hockey not funny?), although I did sort of zone out during the serious portions of it...) and The Sqwuid and the Whale (which I chuckled a few times at, and I thought it was okay (it showed more of a reality than just a film), but it was just one of those kinds of movies... Nothing too spectacular, which I found funny because a shit ton of critics cited it among their top films of the year...).

I also got bunches more music. Apocalyptica (Oh my God, uber beasts [from Finland]!!!), Innerpartysystem (Their cd is fantastic! They are among the best techno groups I've ever heard, and they are still just a new band. The only thing I can think to say 'negetively' about them is that they don't have very many quick songs (Don't Stop is a godsend!!!)), Hollywood Undead (funny as fuck you can ask Bob Saget! Now, I will admit to these guys as clown shoes, but they are clown shoes who absolutely know what they are doing. The best clown shoes! Think D12 when Eminem was still around... Also, their serious songs have really fucking awesome lyrics admist the 'emo' shananigans), Shiney Toy Guns' newest Season of Poison (I liked it. They came in with their same style mixing free for all that allowed almost every song to have a midway break... but I must say I'm more of a fan of their old singer... sorry), The Nightmare Revisited (Everything you loved about The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack now done with your favorite artists' personal spin. It was great to hear so many different well known groups covering these beloved songs. Pick this bad boy up!) and Noah and the Whale (which many of you may likely have never heard of, but that's okay. These guys have a true indy sound to them while mixing some very unappreciated instruments. Their sound is mild and moves well with their cooky life lesson sort of lyrics). Yeah, my ears have been really busy as of late.

Well you got a taste of my recent media endevours... but now I'm being kicked out of here, so I'll just leave you with this:

I got to watch Star Wars: Return of the Jedi today at work! Rofl!!!

2 comments:

KIWI! said...

when the pixar site came up i jizzed in my pants. not only do you get paid to sit on your ass, you get to watch amazing movies while doing so.

kjcharmedfreak said...

YAY Pixar! And I'm hungry!