Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Exhaustion

Okay, this morning I got up at 6:00. Now, last night I had wanted to get to bed a lot earlier than normal because I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should... but I didn't. First, I had problems with Heroes. All I wanted to do was watch it, but my tv kept acting gay and blitzing out every time anyone was going to utter any sort of important dialogue. It got so bad that Andrew and I just said to Hell with it, we'll watch it online. Then I was having problems with my internet. After that subsided I quick finished up the stuffs I was doing online, then moved on to my art homework. I even tried to hurry that up, but I still didn't finish till quarter after 11.

So I got to bed probably closer to 11:30, and the sleep I did get wasn't that great. So I got up, got dressed, ate, ate some more, packed my shit than laid back down for a minute... By the time I got up, I somehow turned all scatter-brained... So it took me like three times to finally get going. I got outside and 'hit it' like the kid from My Bloody Valentine 3D! I still didn't make it to the stop in time, but I was able to flag the bus down and hop on. Art was art. This time it was a naked guy, but I'm okay with that, no homo, because I see a lot of dick at work... a lot of dick...next was art history, which I might add, I was fully awake for. Why? You guessed it, I brought myself an energy drink (I actually drank most of it in art because I felt more than slightly dead...). Today's was a no carb, no sugar Rock Star. Honestly, that was one of the best energy drinks I've ever had. It tasted like those really beastie blue-berry hard candys. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm!!! Now it was time for lunch where I mapped out my homework schedule for the next few days. Then I ate my lunch. I almost missed my math class because for some reason I thought it started at 2:30, when in reality, it started at 2. Somehow, as if by divine intervention, I remembered it wasn't at 2:30, it was at 2, at 1:50. So I got to class. My TA talked about getting hammered, then drinking the next morning, you know, the usual.

I got home around 4, which I'm used to. Putzed around for close to ten minutes, grabbed my supper, got dressed, then went to work. The first hour or so of work was easy-squeezy. You know, nothing wrong, no body yelling at me... and popcorn... But then, it all went to shit. Hundreds of people just pouring through the door (maybe not hundreds...). There was a god damn line to get scanned in at the front. For a while, we had NO towels. I mean NONE! Sure, we've run low, even run out of the small ones in the wellness center... but NONE!!! This was mainly due to the fact that my boss, who was supposed to have worked earlier today. Instead of working though, he had a meeting to go to. So he left Nick all by himself. Now, without trying to cause too much controversy, Nick has down-syndrome. He should not be left alone... So work was a constant pain in my ass, slowly sucking the life out of me. I actually broke a sweat... A full fledged sweat (side-note: I don't tend to sweat)...That ain't right... So now, as I verge on the 16th hour of my day, I am no longer tired, I am beyond a shadow of a doubt: exhausted. Now, we talked about this in English (the working student), so I know others have to deal with this sort of shit, and I acknowledge that. I'm not trying to "overly" complain, and try to draw out all of my melodrama... but c'mon... I've got to get some credit here...

Well, at least I know I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: