Monday, February 16, 2009

Here It Comes!

So I haven't in a few days... fuck you...

Moving on, I've been busy as of late, and I really have no other excuses other than that. I mean, between work, school, and my piss poor social life... I'm pretty booked. However, I've still got some things to report to y'all.

First: Ummm... this weekend was pretty run of the mill. I mean, I worked Saturday and Sunday, and Valentine's day was a bust... The only Note worthy part of my weekend (at least the only one I want to write) was when this little boy came up to my desk and started talking to me. First he asked me what a bowl on my desk was made of (it was glass b to the w), then he asked me why the top wasn’t sharp. I told him it’s because they had smoothed it out. So he ran his hand across it with a childlike innocence. Then this old woman came over (bitch thought I don’t know how to watch one itty-bitty kid for a few minutes), she asked the boy “where’s your mommy?”… That’s when the kid pulled this pimp move. He stared at her for a second, looked away, then said, “stop talking to me, you’re a stranger”. Then he turned around and walked away. He fronted her life! Then the old woman asked me where his mom was and I was all like: Shut up bitch, I got this on lock down! Now piss off before you scare the kid more!… But the kid’s mom came out and took the little pimp away. It was hilarious.

Hrum… Yeah, today’s event’s don’t really matter much, so I’m just gonna devote the remainder of this blog to extras. So I’ve gotten a lot of new music as of late: Fly Leaf (Fly Leaf), Fear of a Black Planet (Public Enemy), The Wall (Pink Floyd), all of the Halo soundtracks, all of the Metroid Prime soundtracks, Saul Williams cds (all 4), Audio (Blue Man Group), Not an Angel (City Sleeps), A Crow Left of the Murder (Incubus), both of the Gorillaz cds, an Offspring and a Green Day cd (I’m not quite sure which ones… It’ll only take me a minute to find out, but I’m lazy), Make Yourself (Incubus), Incredibad (The Lonely Islands), Has Been (William Shatner), A Beautiful Lie (30 Seconds to Mars), Want (3OH!3), Cruel Melody (Black Light Burns), V is for Vagina (Puscifer)… Oh God… there’s probably even more (I haven’t done a good music review for a long time…). So, as you can see, that’s a lot… And I don’t feel like doing a full review on all of them, so I’ll just pick out a few (to be quite honest, I haven’t listened to all of them yet either…). Okay, first, pick up/listen to Incredibad by The Lonely Islands. This cd is funny as shit while demonstrating extencive knowledge in pop culture as well as music programming. It’s great. Also check out Fly Leaf’s self titled cd. True, it’s nothing really new, or ground braking, but they demonstrate a nice sound while leaving room for experimentation. Plus it’s nice to her recorded acoustic versions of almost all of their songs! Umm… the game soundtracks (Halo & Metroid) are all really good. The Halo ones are more ’song’ like, but the Metroid ones are well programmed haunting techno. If you’re into poetic hip-hop with a beastie message and nice old school sounds, check out Saul Williams (I is gonna see him soons!). Oh, and listen to William Shatner… Just do it, he’s got that voice you know?

Yeah, I wish I would have kept better track of my music as of late. Oh well, we all move on. Now, onto the big reveal. I’ve finally got off my ass, created my Youtube account, and have… made my first vlog! Now, I can have vlogs to accompany my pre-existing blogs. It’ll be fun, hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

KIWI! said...

I'M YOUR FIRST SUBSCRIBER!!!1!1!!!