Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day Back

Yes, it is True. Yesterday, I started my sophomore year of college. That means that the summer is over, and the grind begins once again.

The night before I tried going to bed at a reasonable hour, however, like all nights before a big day, I can't get any sleep. I just psych myself so much because I have to get sleep. So I grabbed a few hours before waking up at 7am (which I think I've done twice in the past 4 months...). I got up and it all came back to me. Eating breakfast, getting dressed, packing a lunch etc. etc.... I also took a shot of my Taiwanese energy drink to keep me going. I walked to the bus stop and pulled out my phone to check the time... huh... I missed the bus. Damn... That's not a good start to the semester... So I walked to the next stop to kill some time. Once there I only waited a few minutes before Steve pulled in. I walked to the van and we chatted until the bus came. We rode the bus and talked about random shit.

Once we were a few blocks away from campus, I felt it. That bottomless feeling in your tummy. I was nervous, anxious, scared, and angry. It all just hit me, and I suddenly did not feel like going back to school at all... I knew the feeling would pass, so I got off the bus and pressed on to class. My first class: Physiology of Behavior. Even from the first day of class I could tell that it's going to be a bitch. The subject is difficult, the workload is no joke, and the professor is unsympathetic, but all things considered I still like the class [for now at least]. I really find any sort of psychological study very interesting... If I was in anyway interested in a career in the field, I'd likely take it. So we took some notes and then class ended. I had some free time, so I decided to wander about until my next class.

My next class, Pysch 101, was not what I expected. It's held in Bolton 150, which is the largest lecture hall on campus, and the professor is terrible. He actually went over what a scan tron sheet was and how tests on them are taken... As if I haven't taken dozens of tests before on them... Then he went on to droll about other common sense type stuff before opening up the floor to questions. Most questions made me cringe. I was appalled by the ignorance filling the room. But it, like all classes, did end. After that I had plenty of time to waste before my next class.

So I text Pat asking where he was and if he wanted to hang out. I met up with him by his dorm. He was with one of his dorm buddies listening to some "metal" music. I'm not a fan, but we were just gonna be talking anyways. So we talked, mainly about college stuff. He and his friend were both smoking. I was there for a good half an hour before another dorm buddy drove up. This one, set to take their already bothersome smoking to the next level, brought a hookah with him. Now, I am an open minded individual who believes that everyone should experience new things in their lives and that the key to everything is really just moderation... However, I did not feel like smoking at this time. I have, never from a hookah, but regardless. I was told it was healthier than a cigarette, which I didn't doubt, but I'm still not a smoker. I've smoked when I'm depressed and just want to get away. Not when I'm a fuckhole stereotype college student. It was around this time that I realized, my previous assumptions that I would be hanging out with Pat a lot more on campus or in the dorms, was pretty well debunked. I don't, and never really had, too big a problem with Pat. Although we've never been good friends, he's also done nothing truly wrong to me, but I really don't feel like associating myself with his whole gang there. I may sound like a dick... but who the fuck cares? I'm really not into anything he is, so whatever. It's nothing really against him... we just don't click.

So then I went to my next class. My first Architecture class to ever be in the Architecture building!!! As i was waiting outside of my class, the class prior to mine was released. And who should I see coming out from it. Liz, a HOT AS HELL coworker who has a generally decent personality to match her beauty. In the short fleeting conversation I had with her she confessed she didn't know I was a student and that she didn't know I was an Archy major. Unfortunately (fortunately for the front of pants) she told me she wasn't an archy major, just had a class in the building. I also found out she was a senior, which bothered me because, it lowered my already decrypted chances of ever being with her... After she left, I also ran into Alex. Basically, he's a douche from my Highschool who I'd really rather never see again... He told me that he thought I stopped eating. Dumbass. My archy class was pretty boring before we were finally taken up to our studio space. I was/still am excited over the fact that I now have my own studio space. I wasn't happy that I had to drop $300 for supplies, but we move on. I set up my desk while talking to Maddie on Facebook (Yeah, I felt cool talking to people in my studio). I then got my own keys to enter the building and studio after hours (is it sad that I already have sexual fantasies involving after hours in studio?). After that. It was time for home. I had successfully gotten through my first day. It'll be interesting to see how these classes pan out, and how well I think of my major and such after this semester is over.

No comments: