Monday, September 7, 2009

Tales Of A Week On The Fritz

Bloggin'. Yeah.

Hey. Me again. So, because school this semester started on a Wednesday, and the very next week contained a holiday (oh yeah, happy Labor Day), my schedule has been very screwed up. I ended up having to not show up to any classes on Thursday, or Friday. It was nice to have the days off, don't get me wrong, it's just that I need to be able to sink into my schedule... I'm not getting any sink time! And because of Labor Day, I'm losing more sink time! Take for instance tomorrow. Normally, my first class of the day is at noon, but it's a discussion class, and I don't have to show up. So I'm not gonna get a full week until the third week of the semester... Time to adjust...

There may be one good thing coming from my not having to be on campus at noon however. You see, now I don't have to head on over to campus till like 3. This way, I'm able to get the mail before I leave. Why is this important? Because my books are in the mail!!! And we're back to my having beef with Labor Day. NO MAIL ON HOLIDAYS!!! UPS can suckle on my cock...

Plus, after my school books, I ordered The Ultimates Omnibus. Now, I'm more of a DC kinda guy myself, however I was always a fan of collaborations between the Marvel universe characters. Regardless of my preferences, they've got quite an extensive list of characters and mythos. Why not celebrate that with something as massive as The Ultimates?

So, this weekend has also been interesting. Saturday: Work. At work, Becca gave me my first Red Bull ever. It's hard to believe that I've tried so many random energy drinks, but I've never had just plain Red Bull. The verdict? I liked it. It obviously kicked like an energy drink, it wasn't overly carbonated, and it had a nice berry taste. However, I do disagree with Kiwi with the fact that the can, in my opinion, is too small. I'd rather have the full size energy drink. Then again, I just may have a roaring caffeine addiction that will likely sear the bonds of friends, family, and those closest to me... ... ... ... ...After work, Jake and I walked to Steve's, ended up sitting outside of Walgreens talking for quit awhile. Then we all piled into the car, drove to Pick n' Save, bought some soda and bosses and had a little picnic... Yeah, so the 'picnic' was basically me, Coop, Steve, Catherine and Andrew sitting behind my house in the parking lot... It was still entertaining. And then, of course, that douche bag mother fucker who lives in the complex nextdoor started bitching that we were there... At least he didn't call the cops this time...

Sunday: Work. Again. After work Ben came to get Andrew and I. We went back to his place, which contained it's own adventure. In route to Ben's dad's house, we say this vintage VW hippy van driving in front of us. And due to our signature bad judgement, we told Ben to speed up beside him, and blast the radio. What song happened to be play? This. And how were we dancing? Like this. He laughed and surely thought it was epic. Almost as epic as. This. Fun times. After that song, this came on, just adding to the awesomness. When we finally arrived at Ben's Dad's, we immediately busted out Tales of Vesperia and started playing. We're all "Tales" fans and wanted to play through the adventure together. And as much as I know I've got school and work, the allure of an RPG as massive as that, just brings it all back. No matter how many hours I clock [or don't clock] in for, I am, and will always be: a gamer.

Today, didn't really go as I had originally planned. Basically, I ended seeing G.I. Joe and eating at Unos with a bunch of people... It was fun enough, but I always find something to complain about. Well, first off, I ended up sharing some pizza with Joe (who's still not high on my "people I wanna hang out with list"). I was hard core craving some grilled chicken pizza yesterday, so despite the fact that I already ate supper before going with them I was happy. Plus we were able to buy cheaper movie tickets from them, than if we were to go to the theater to pick them up (random...). We were going to either see "Gamer", or "District 9". I was hard core trying to get everyone in agreement for "District 9", which we would have gone to, but Holly doesn't like gore (WHAT ACTION MOVIE DOESN'T HAVE GORE?!?!?! TELL ME?!?!?!). Okay, I'm okay. I'm just glad we didn't see "Gamer" or the new choice of "500 Days of Summer". I really still don't even know what 500 days is about, I just didn't want to see some sappy romantic comedy chick flick with them... it would have made me feel lonely and pretty well left out. We ended up seeing G.I. Joe, which I guess I did wanna see, although I have heard some atrocious reviews of it. It was a fun movie. Mindless action with a few decent lines of dialouge thrown in there to spice things up. The performance by almost every actor and actress in the movie was spotty. It would go from mundane, to a few scenes above average, then to something really... bad... The plot was lame, but in it's defense... It's G.I. Joe. Much like Transformers 2, I will stick up for the lameness... just look at the source material!!! The effects in it were massive. Almost the whole movie was CG, and as much as an artist who's been dabbling in computer animation, I can respect... I don't know, at the same time, it urkes me. The more I see it, the less I can do to stop it... More and more I can see, it's all buisness... You think there was anybody working on this film that really stopped to think "This will be important. What we're doing is unique. It's special. It means somehting". Not likely. The movie was a buisness venture only out to make money with marketing, merchandising and franchising... I guess it's just getting to me more and more lately. Sorry if I'm just coming off as some beatnick hippy college student here, but if you look, you'll see it too...

Anywho, I'm up to late. You know, when you're tired, but still awake and your throat starts to hurt? Yeah, I'm at that point right now. Okay, good night!

No comments: