Saturday, September 12, 2009

Relapse. Prevent. Trigger. Intent. Now Drown.

Well folks, the day has finally come. Ever since the conception of my blog, I knew it would come. we even jokingly said it would happen in class. But it has finally happened. Someone has gotten offended by the remarks made in my blog! DUN-DUN-DUN!!!
I must say though, I never thought it would happen like this though... After about a year of posting about my fucked up bipolar-esque emotions, troubles with work and its inhabitants, mocking insults towards friends, analogies to Speed and Speed 2, stories of my own sexual exploits (you probably don't remember any of those because they are too few and far between...), reviews of just about anything, as well as what other horrid filth I fill this thing with, I’ve finally been called out on something. What you ask? A few passing remarks and the choice of a movie.
Yes, it seems Pat has found some of comments… Untactful. And subsequently cowardice because I didn’t say them to him… After hearing his complaints, I realized they were all misunderstandings. However, I still couldn’t help feeling… what’s the right word here…wronged, because I was having words put into my mouth, and thoughts put into my head. I’ve condensed the whole argument to a few key points. He was basically upset with me and my blog because of:

1. The Fact That I Wanted To See District 9. - And? So I wanted to see District 9... So what? I still went to see G.I. Joe… Ugh! It’s a movie!… Moving on.


2. I Referred To Pat As A Stereotypical College Student. - Yeah… I honestly don’t remember calling him that (but then again that’s what I get for typing these things when Taco Bell closes… midnight or later). So I guess I could see why he’d get angry at that… And yet I still don’t see myself as TOO out of line because he and his friends were the ones that cracked out the hookah. True, they weren’t getting drunk, partying, and having promiscuous relationships, so maybe “stereotypical college student” was a bit of a harsh way of wording… What I was really driving towards was that now that I finally know some people on campus, and tried hanging out with them, all they did was sit around smoking and listening to metal music. I’m not saying they’re wrong for doing so (I’ve got this funny little thing where I don’t tell people how to live their lives), but it’s really not my scene…


3. I Said That Pat And I Weren’t Good Friends. - … This, easily being the most taken out of context line of the bunch, also has the easiest explanation. It’s simple really. I graduated from high school over a year ago. I knew tons of people from high school that I more or less lost contact with. Pat was one of them. So he and I talked/hung out… Um… Maybe three times in the past year. I’m not blaming anyone for that, don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying that I think it’s hard to call someone a good friend when you’ve talked to them so sparingly. I’ve known Holly since 6th grade, and the same would apply to her. I’d be hard-pressed to say that she’s still a good friend when we’ve kept so little contact with one another… Soooo… How am I wrong here? If Pat would like to recall, I was the one who text him the first day of class to see what he was doing. Maybe, and here’s just a thought, that if I’ve virtually fallen out of contact with a friend from high school, and have been given an opportunity to catch up and regain friendship, and have taken it… Am I still a bad person for saying that we’d lost at least part of that friendship over that past year? I didn’t think so, but it seems I left enough room for debate.


I don’t know, I still think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion… When Pat first called/text me about it, I was in class, which my not answering probably wasn’t a good sign to him. Either way, when I got out of class, I really didn’t know why he was pissed off at me until I called him and he expressed his frustration about my blog… And yeah, I get it. My blog is basically my own journal for my life where I post anything, and any time anyone reads something about themselves and it’s not ‘good’ [per se] they’re likely to get upset with me… And I would have expressed this all to him on the phone then, but me babbling like an idiot while trying to purchase my architecture supplies didn’t strike me as an appealing idea. Besides, I’d rather do it face to face anyways. He wasn’t on campus so I couldn’t do it then, but I’m really not in a big hurry to do it. I’m not pushing it off or anything, it’s just that I don’t need another thing on my list of shit stressing me out. Besides, as I’ve already stated in this blog, it’s all a misunderstanding anyways, so I don’t see it as big a deal as everyone else does… Pat, from the sound of his voice, seemed to take this as some sort of personal attack on his character, which, despite anything he may have read in my blog, couldn’t be further from the truth. To prove my point:
Here is a works document containing all of my blog posts (yeah, it’s huge). Upon using my ‘ctrl-f’ short key, and searching “Pat is a jerk and I hate him” (sorry it's so small... otherwise you could read that for yourself), works finished and the search item was not found… Because I didn’t say anything like that… Because I never meant anything like that… Case closed.

No comments: