Sunday, July 5, 2009

And So It Goes

Why, hello there, and welcome to another adition of Life:Shit Happens. Now, as you could tell from my previous post, I was quite upset over missing the Cage the Elephant/Airborne Toxic Event show (see title), however, I do believe all was set right this past Thursday. Why? Shiny Toy Guns.



Yes sir. My Thursday started off like any other day for Summerfest. I woke up around 9, took a shower ate breakfast, and got ready to leave by about 10:30-11. Around then Maddie and her friend Sarah showed up. I hoped in the car and explained to them that the day's promotion to get in free was to bring in an toy worth over $5... So we made a quick stop in Marshel's for some toys (after a very random, not so stylish and yet graceful donut in the parking lot...). Maddie ended up getting a [slutty beach] Barbie, and Sarah got some Hot Wheels. And it was probably around this point, when I could see her standing up, that I realised Sarah was Karleisa 2. She was pale, brownish red hair, and as I later discovered, into W.o.W. and bits and pieces of metal-esque music... Yeah... so then we stopped at McDonald's so the women could eat. After they got their foods, we parked the car at the Park n' Ride, and went on over to the bus stop. The bus ride, as they all are, was mildly entertaining as we jumped around a variety of topics and such... However, like most scared white women, they didn't really like the bus... Silly white people! And then, after about an hour bus ride, we were there. We handed in our toys (I told you it was toy day!!!), and got our free tickets. I went to go hold some seats while they rode on the whole lift thingy (Sarah had never been to Summerfest before, so she wanted a ride... personally, I've never rode in that thing). So we did our usual, somebody stays to hold places while others roam around etc. etc.. Kiwi cam at his norm of 4. He and I walked about for food. He got a hot dog and a $3 Gatorade (capitalist pigs!). I got myself a nice burrito from Chipotle. I thought it was good, but of course Maddie, who was gonna steal some regardless, thought it was too spicy. She instead got some eggplant, which we all stole a little from.



And so we waited chatting with random people around us, making fun of the lesser bands during the day, plus we were able to get Austin, Lizzy, Amanda, Austin's sisters, and Amanda's sister moved up by us. Emily came around then. Oh, and Kiwi and I pitched in a few bucks to Pickles so that Ian could come... Yeah, so we say Ian... I'm surprised that child is still alive... BUT, that's a different story. So we waited. And finally, 10 o'clock rolled around... It didn't seem that late, but it was... It was.



First, Jeremy, the keyboardist stepped out with his phone and recorded the audience for a bit then ran backstage. About a minute later, everybody filed out and picked up their instruments. It was time to rock. The show went something like this:
1. Starts With One
2. Ghost Town (which was described as 'a song about ghosts' and also a 'true story')
3. Shaken
4. Le Disko (always a crowd pleaser)
5. Rainy Monday (Love song, also a true story)
6. Major Tom (JIZZ! A song described as 'not one of their own'. JIZZ)
7. Waiting (also a true story)
8. When Did This Storm Begin (NOT a true story)
9. Poison (Which was described as a 'scary song', and I'm just noticing was misspelled, but I'll get to that...)
10. Ricochet! (which was intentionally pronounced wrong by Jeremy)
11. Stripped ( JIZZ! A Depeche Mode cover off of V.2. JIZZ)
12. Rocket Ship (JIZZ... JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ. A song off of -JIZZ- V.1. JIZZ)
13. Don't Cry Out
14. You Are the One (Abbreviated as YATO) (Sisely also pointed to me during this song because I was the only one jumping about a foot into the air...)

It was one Hell of a show. And how do I know all of the songs they played? Because I was the only audible shouting for a set list. The tech actually tried giving me the first set list, but the security guard was a douche! After that, I pulled out my sharpie and started shouting for Mikey (the drummer) to come sign my set list. He was taking pictures, so he told me to hold on... He then walked around back, came off of the stage and come out to sign stuffs. I got him to sign my set list, and gave him a hug. The woman next to me (who also got a set list) asked him to sign hers, and get a pic, to which he responded, "A pick? I'm the drummer!". And she said no, a picture! Nevertheless, really funny. So anyways, more on that chick next to me. She kept telling me I had a deep voice that travelled, and I was the only reason he came down. So she recorded me screaming and before we left, I got a hug and a kiss from her. However, we didn't leave just then. Chad had come out on stage to get something, so we all started shouting for him to come down. Mikey too was screaming for him to come down (but he was screaming Jeremy for some strange reason...). So Chad came down (he jumped down, none of this walk around bullshit!). And as soon as he came down a threw my Sharpie brand marker® and set list for him to sign. I got him! He signed it and gave it back to me just as some scrawny bald guy came out and started rushing him backstage to start packing up. The small guy trying to pull him away was one rude mutha' fucka' and I could see that Chad wasn't too happy as he kept asking "Why do we need to leave now?" and not getting an answer... So he quickly signed one other person's little slip of paper before being shuffled away. Needless to say, the little group of us there were upset at the small bald man, especially because Mikey was still wandering around. Eventually Mikey left as well, and the other two members of the band were never seen. I can't not say that I was bummed to not see Jeremy or Sisely, but I shouldn't complain too much. I left that show feeling all kinds of good.

And as for the few days since than that I've not blogged on, well I'll catch you up on that stuffs too. Friday was a slow day where I really didn't do much until 5:30 when I came into work to cover for Calvin.

I know... Reeeeeeal descriptive...

Yesterday however was a little more exciting. You see yesterday was July 4th, a day to pretend you care about the country and to grill out and watch all your tax dollars go into large colorful and fiery explosions. The day started off for me when I made a grilled cheese, but not just any grilled cheese. Get this. I made a grilled cheese that consisted of: a slice of cheese, a slice of tomato, some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, some chopped up onion, and then bookended with another slice of cheese. And, as if that wasn't good enough, the last piece of the puzzle, I used a frying pan with a thin layer of bacon greese in it. So I had an awesome heart stopping grilled cheese and apple juice for breakfast. After I ate, I watched a disc of Seinfeld with Andrew. Afterwards, Andrew left to go hit up some stores or what not, and not wanting to watch Seinfeld without him, I had to find somehting else to do. So I went on the computer for a while (Depeche Mode discography, Declared, And pretty soon Neverwhere (the BBC tv series)... YARRRRR!!!), and was all set to start watching Chasing Amy (I'm rewatching all of the New Jersesy Saga), but just as the credits ended, I realized I wasn't in the mood for it, and instead decided I need some video games in my system. So I popped in Killer7 and played the rest of the night until I finished it. Man that game is FUCKED up. It was like I was decending into madness while playing it, which was funny because my hands were still moving regularly. I can admit I didn't fully understand it, but I could grasp enough to see the metaphors within the paranoia and Schizophrenia. You see, I'm sort of in this place where I wanna finish all of those gamse I got so far in, but had to put down for some reason... However, this is a game I'll likely have to play through again to fully understand/apperciate. Damn... It's like I didn't even beat it then...

And now, of course, I'm at work, hungry as shit and already ready to go... but, alas, I've still got 4 more hours... boo...

No comments: