Monday, July 20, 2009

A Weeks Update

Oh God… Where did I leave off? It seems like forever since I’ve blogged. I mean, it’s summer. I’ve entered ‘summer-time’ which basically equates to: For no reason whatsoever, nothing seems as long and/or short as it really is (wow… I didn’t think of how sexual that sounded in my head). What I mean is, this past week… Seemed like a month. And yet Summer itself has only felt like a few days… And things like Summerfest and the Up North Trip seem like A BILLION YEARS ago…



Okay. Sorry. Moving on.





Last post I had detailed an incident involving the BDPD. Since then I've had a few more adventures, which I'll try to remember them all...



First off, the very next day after my last blog (Monday) I had actually made plans to hang out with Holly. Now, Holly and I go way back to 6th grade, and we were best friends for a few years (we had a very odd past...) but nowadays we hardly talk. Basically she just found a new crowd she tends to hang out with, and both of us are just busy... So I thought it would be cool to just go out to lunch and catch up. We ended up going to Wendy's (which made me laugh because I was just there the night before). So we talked for a bit before we ended up leaving back to her house. We ended up playing Left 4 Dead. Okay, let's take a side track for me to throw a review in here:

What can I say about Left 4 Dead. First off, I was playing it on 360. Personally, anything with Valves name on it should rightfully be played on a PC. I'm not even a PC gamer, and I know that. It's like cardinal law. But anyways, I played for a bit and I gotta say... I'm not too big a fan. I mean, there was no story or plot, they just showed you a 6 minute intro video and figured that was good enough. Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer a good single player game with a plot that makes you think. But this, this was worse than a generic zombie apocalypse story, because it was an assumed generic zombie apocalypse story! Aside from there, the gameplay was fun much like a Grand Theft Auto game. It's fun to just mow down dozens of the dead over and over again. Although, from what I saw, there were pretty large maps for some good exploration, but if you're faced with 10,000 zombies, it's hard to say, "I'm gonna go esplorin'!". Oh, one more grip I had with it is, why were all of the characters the same? I thought the whole point of having such drastically different characters was so that each could posses special skills and abilities... So, overall I think it was an alright game that had a good enough AI system to keep things relatively fresh every time you play through it, but the game fails as any sort of single player venture. I can see it being fun online and with 4 player co-op, but then how high can we really hold this as a 'game'... It's a completely different scale we have to weigh it on.

So, then after playing, Holly had some meeting thing she had to go to, so she took me home. Which was cool because I got to hang with her for a few hours but it didn't take up my whole day (the days I have off work, I really want to utilize as much as possible). So I was at the house for a few hours before chatting with Maddie and Karleisa on FB. I was then invited out with them. So they came like an hour later and we ended up just store hopping before fianlly sitting down to eat. I also found it funny that before we even left and I asked Karleisa what we would do, she brought up maybe going to Wendy's... Now that would have been funny. But, alas, we ended up going to Arby's, which was a good choice. We ate, then drove around for a bit before sitting in my back parking lot (I swear that thing gets more action than me...). Then we figured "HEY! LET'S GO BOWLING!!!", however, after getting the alley's number, and myself some socks, we could not go bowling. Why? Because it was a Monday night, and they closed before infant's bed times... So we ended up just at Maddie's hoouse for a bit before she kicked us out for some free pizza (note, she doesn't even like pizza).

Then the rest of the week was pretty boring. You know the routine, work, eat, sit doing nothing, eat, go one the computer, sleep, work... It was like that until Friday when, after getting off of work, Jake stopped by my house. He does this every now and again because his bus picks up about 10ft from my house, so we'll talk before it comes. However, when he got here, the first thing he said was "Steve told me to call him when I got here". So Jake called and Steve ended up coming like 10 minutes later. We all got to chat and catch up with one another had been doing for the past few weeks. So we all talked until Andrew got off work and came home. So we all talked for a bit before we left to hit up Denny's... Denny's was closed. Closed... So we just went next door to IHOP. Yes. We went to IHOP at like midnight. Now since it was after midnight, that meant that it was now Andrew's birthday. Happy birthday nig-nog!!! So I figured since it was his birthday, I'd pay for his meal, and while I was at it, Jake's birthday s only a few days, and Steve only had $5 and and and and... So I figured screw it, the meals on me. So we all ordered (Me = Philly Cheese Steack sandwhich with onion rings, Steve = Turkey sandwhich with fries, Jake = Chocolate chip pancakes, Andrew = Butterscotch pancakes). So we all ate and talked and were finally kicked out at 2am for closing. That was a fun night that only cost me like $40...

So we all dispersed and got some sleep, and when all of us woke up, it was still Andrew's birthday. I had actually got him the first season of Stargate (SG1, not that Atlantis bullshit!!!). My mom had work however, so Andrew and I sat around watching Seinfeld, before I had to leave for work. Work was annoying. After work, I left and caught up with Jake, Coop, Raphi, and Vlad (RANDOM >.<). So we were all talking for a bit before Andrew came back home, and we all left for Smerz's grandparents for a movie night. We really didn't get too far before I got a hold of Steve and he told me to just stay there and he'd come get us. So we all went to Smerz's to watch Senior Skip Day. I had very low expectations for this movie... It was a random movie that no one had ever heard of probably from the late 90's to early 2000's. But it was fucking hilarious!!! Oh man, it was random, stupid and entirely politically incorrect! It was great. And then after the movie, we all made fun of Catherine's boot! It was fun. And at 1am Smerz kicked us all out. We went to, yet again, my back parking lot. I don't really know what happened because I fell asleep in the van.

The next day was all work for me, so nothing really worth mentioning happened. I did however switch my Monday shifts with someone so I didn't have to work yesterday. I ended up hanging out with Holly again, but this time Pat and Eric were there too. Yeah. We all hung out for a few hours, not doing much. After that I came home and listened to Relapse, Eminem's newest. Allow me again to page break here:

It's Eminem. Go itno this expecting that. So we all know it's gonna be hard, fast, and violent as Hell. even after a 5 year break, he's still got it. As a whole, I don't think it soars higher than anything he's done before (at best it safely tails behind), but there are a few songs that just shine brighter than others. Overall, pretty good. Sorry, that was a short review... but It's Eminem. You like him or you don't...

Now on to today. Today is Jake's birthday. He's throwing a big barbeque party thing... Let's see if it doesn't fail... Either way I can only stay for a few hours before I need to leave for work.

No comments: