Monday, June 1, 2009

The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

There's always going to things that get in your way. No matter what you're doing, whether it be a job, everyday rutine, or even just something when you're bored, there's always going to be something hindering you. For me, at this moment, it's writers block. I don't really know how to say just what's in my mind. I'm kinda just treating it like the powerball and as all of the little thoughts clank and bounce around, and hoping the right ones get to slip out.

I'll just start with last night and work my way from there. Last night, I got off of an 8 hour shift and immediately was picked up and wist away to a theater to see UP! in 3D. Needless to say, it was AWESOME! Pixar has yet again, outdone themselves. The themes, characters, emotions, and of course the animation was SOOOOO amazing. It worked extremely well as an adult and powerful movie that, and I find no shame in admitting this, made me cry. It blew me away. And the 3D was a nice touch. True, it wasn't just some gimmicky 3D flick, so there weren't any over the top 3D effects. And above all else, it had an excellent story that still hit every comedic mark. It was such a fun time. I advise everyone to see this film! And as if you even need another reason to fall in love with Up!, you also get to see a nice teaser trailer for Toy Story 3 (June 18th, 2010!!!)

After the film, we all left the theater fulfilled and quoting every bit. We then took a trip on over to the 24 hr. Walmart. We all walked around there for a while before we finally made our few purchases, and left (we always buy shit when we're in there). Tonights purchase: Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt Energy Drink. Lolololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was cheap, really random (the only one left on a shelf all by itself), and funny as hell. I really didn't expect it to be any good, but c'mon, it's Steven Seagal's badass all natural energy drink from China and shit! Later, I opened it up to get a taste (and to share with others). Basically, it tasted like a cherry that had been left out a little past it's prime. Jake and Steve said it tasted like a watered down wine cooler, and after that observation, I said it tasted a little like a spritzer. It also had a sort of honey after taste. We also took shots of Jake's purchase: A Jolly Rancher syrup. That was, like anything your supposed to top/mix anything with to dilute, was really strong. So we got fuuuuuuuuuuuucked up! Once we got back to Kiwi's we just sat outside talking until around 2, then finally hit the road. During the ride home, I got to talk to Steve (no homo). And this was something I have really been wanting to do for a while. Just talking to one person, without a huge group about stuff that actually matters! You know, something serious!

And I guess that's where I am now. It's a time where... I want to keep writing to get it all out, which is why I want to talk to people about serious shit. To just clear my fucking head you know. But, me being an overly timid man, I really don't want to talk about serious things in groups. Why? Because I don't like the idea of having all of my shit out in the open. I'm a very private person. I know that probably doesn't make much sense to you reading this because this is all online, which can, but probably isn't, being read by millions upon millions of people. But, it's not like I'm typing it directly to them, or waiting for their responses. You see how that works? It's like me explaing things to people... without the diffaculty of actual work. Well, here's what I'm ready to admit: I am horribly lonely. Maddie and I have been seperated for some time, which, to be quite honest, was for the ebest. She's still a friend... but that just really didn't work. Unfortunately, I couldn't really see that until a few months after we had broken up... The hearts a funny thing. But now, it's just sorta like "where am I at?". I really feel like I'm just wasting my time. When the bros and I hang out, it's fun as Hell, but I really want a different level of companionship then just my everyday loser friends. It's a differnt set of emotions entirely. And I've discovered that with continued time, and more and more of my friend sI've lost touch with, that I really need to get out there and start fucking meeting new people. The part that also REALLY bothers me about this, is the fact that women are dumb. Let me explain: The number 1 complaint I hear come out of women's mouths is that guys are stupid, never grow up, and they just want to find those 'nice guys' with a sense of humor who will do small romantic gestures just for them. Well, no matter how many time we flail our arms and scream "HELLO!!!", we 'good guys' go unnoticed. True, we may not be the most charasmatic and outgoing people, but sometimes you just need to crack the sheell to find the nut inside... I guess I'm just no good at being single, and instead of trying to help it, I settle back into the routine. Well, that's enough of my bitching on the subject... Let's move on...

Tonight, was pretty boring, mainly me just paging trough all of my old artwork (look forward to more updates on that) and trying to at least look into a few of my summer projects. All-in-all the day was pretty boring (hooray for one of my few off days). However, tonight marked a very momentous event. Conan O'Briens first night hosting The Tonight Show. Even though he probably had like a full month to perfect that one episode, I must say it was fucking hillarious!!! Kudos to Conan for bringing his charm to a new town, new set, and new time slot. Also, Will Ferrel was just the perfect fit for the first guest. My only complaint is that it seemed so short. Because it was the first episode, most of it was little videos made ahead of time explaining all of the transitions... He barely got any time with Ferrel. Nevertheless, great episode. Laughed alot.

Now, as I've covered quite teh range of topics, I'm afraid I'm done, and have got to go... Bye-bye

P.S. Facebook says I'm 24% Gay...

No comments: