Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sun. Music... And Beer. Only In Wisconsin

So, now that the up north trip is a thing of the past, and we move ourselves onto the next big chapter of the Summer. Summerfest. Now, I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life, so It's never really clicked with me (at least not fully), But Summerfest is the WORLD's largest music festival. Let me repeat that. The WORLD's largest music festival. Right here in my own backyard! That's pretty frickin' cool... So, my first step at having a fun time at Summerfest: Pick out some totally awesome bands to see, and make sure I get off work accordingly. Now, getting off work is never the easiest thing for me (mainly because my coworkers are douches... but in all seriousness, they sub for me all the time, it's just that they hardly can when I really need them to). But I got off for the entire up north trip, and all but one day for Summerfest (I'm gonna miss Cage the Elephant and The Airborne Toxic Event. Saaaaaaaaaaaad Faaaaaaaaace!) Okay. Thursday. Summerfest opening night. 10 hours waiting. Micheal Jackson died. So did Farrah Fawcett. And Then. Rise Against (with a side of Rancid). Now, I've seen Rise Against perform live before (two years ago at Summerfest) and actually got to meet them before the show. I loved them live the first time. It was my very first concert ever, and I had such an amazing time jumping around screaming my head off and just fogetting myself for a night. Thursday's show however was a whole new ballgame. You could tell from the second Rancid stepped onto the stage. I personally am not all that big a fan of Rancid, but I figured a nice punk rock show would just be fun. I would have had a lot of fun too, had it not been for a few select, aptly nicnamed, people. First person in the "unfavorable" crowd: Crazy White Bitch. Crazy White Bitch sounded like a howler monkey. She was crazy. She had a fun time bouncing everywhich fucking way hitting everyone, just screaming (and I mean screaming) all of the lyrics. Crazy White Bitch also had a friend: Redneck Addicted To Ritalin. Redneck Addicted To Ritalin didn't have as much of an screamo thing going on, but he too was annoying and yelling all the words. He was also a lot more violent. Both of them were bumping into people, but he was throwing elbows and fists, and threatened to start numerous fights. I took at least three, almost full on full punches from him, but couldn't really 'retaliate' without getting myself kicked out. So I rolled with the punches. I also got some pink lemonade splashed on me when a dude [who we actually liked, and didn't mind him stnading with us in the crowd] jumped down of the bench he was standing on to push Redneck Addicted To Ritalin off of his girlfriend. The next group of annoying people: The Beached Whales. Wow. These 'ladies' defied every law of physics to squeeze themselves all the way up to the front last minute. Okay, Beached Whale #1. She was dumb. Well, all of them were dumb, but this one took the cake. As she told us many, many times, she was 26, an we weren't. We were all kids, and she was 26. She was 26, and we were just children. We are 12 or something, aaaaaaaaaand she was 26. She is a fan of Rancid, because she's 26, and deserves to be there more because of this. Beached Whale #1 also was one of the Beached Whale clan that said Rise Against was a pussy band (lol). Beached Whale #2 was the only Beached Whale that stayed for Rise Against. She, although not AS old as Beached Whale #1, was still older and more mature than everyone else and deserved to be there more... Somehow... Apperently, this particular Beached Whale was elbowing Kiwi in the dick for all of Rancid's set. So, in an act of peaceful protest, Kiwi was throwin' his knees into her back for all of Rise Against's set... Oh, sweet vengence! I also took vengence on Beached Whale #2 when I finally dislodged her from front row and sent her flopping about behind us. The other 2 Beached Whales didn't do much personally wrong and/or annoying, but were still fat and poorly dressed for their figures. As well as dumb as stumps. They also made many audible whale sounds... The sadest part too was watching the change from when they first pushed through, to when they realised the were out of the water and started thrashing about... And, of course, the Rise Against show was AMAZING! This was by far my greatest concert ever (granted I can still count how many shows I've seen with only my fingers). I was front row, dead center. They played all the hits (Songs off of their new cd, popular songs, FAN favorites) plus a few songs that you knew threw the audience off, because only the true fans would even know them (like stuff off of their first cd etc.). The energy was immense, and everything was just spot on. PLUS, as if the show itself wasn't awesome, we stuck around for free stuff thrown off the stage (sad to say, I came out empty handed. Emily however got a pick). However, we still stuck around because the band was standing by there bus not far from where we were. And Tim came out to greet us, topless no less. So I gave him a hug and had him sign my ticket. So... that was pretty AWESOME!!! Then we took the shuttle home and walked back to my house. Emily got her car and left, whereas I went inside and tried going to bed. I ended up tossing and turning for almost 3 hours. It turns out Redneck Addicted To Ritalin hit my back harder than I thought, because I could just not get comfortable with the pain. So I took some ibuprofen, and that knocked me out right quick.
The next morning, I had a hard time getting up, but I finally forced myself to get up and get in the shower. I then ate, got my stuff for my free enterance, and Andrew and I left for Summerfest [again] (although he didn't go to RA... I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'd ever waited entire days for 2 shows back to back. So Andrew and I held the places and Kiwi should up around 4 after he got off of work. Both Kiwi and I decided to splurge on food the second night. I got myself a chicken strip basket with fries and he got a burrito. My chicken strips were pretty ballin'. Maybe not the best I'd ever had, but they had Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce and I'd been cravin' some chicken strips for a few weeks now. Kiwi however, wasn't all too satisfied with his burrito. First off, the thing was $7, when in reality, it was probably a $4 burrito. But hey, it's Summerfest, you should be expecting to pay that much for food. However, he also added guacamole to it, which ran him an extra $2. So that was really gay, and cost him damn near $10 for a fucking burrito... I felt kinda bad though because I had suggested it to him in the first place... It also didn't help that they did a shitty job making it. So Anyways, we continued waiting, sitting through some truly awful bands. The only bright spot in the music during the day, was the lead singer of one of the crappy cover bands... She was hot. No. REALLY HOT. My God. She was wearing this super tight black shirt with no bra so you could TOTALLY see her nipples, plus she had on a pair of those tight as shit volleyball spandex shorts... SPLOOG! She was hot. And she signed my chest. So, finally. It was time for The Offspring. This too, was also a really good show. The lighting was pretty cool (bands usually don't bring their whole lighting set-up to Summerfest, but the had their whole backlight thing set-up. It was pretty awesome). They had a nice stage presence. And they even brought out a piano (piano = teh pwnzr). However, this show, like them all, had it's douches. First off, right before the show, a bunch of people shoved their way up to the front. The first group, we really didn't mind that much. A few chicks who were kind, and grateful, as well as pretty cute. So they're in, but then these dumbfucks brought themselves up there (note, we let the chicks in willingly, these guys pushed and shoved where there was no room). Two out of the three guys were okay. They were just fans there for an awesome show. The third guy was a fuckinf dick! He was totally drunk and wouldn't stop fucking shouting and saying he was gonna mosh. Okay, Summerfest steges have metal bleachers... no one's gonna be moshing moron... And of course he weaseled his way to the very front, and I tried my best not to crush a few little kids to death. But the music was good, and they played a lot of their strongest tunes. Plus, and this is one of the coolest things in my opinion, they kicked off the show with the song "Stuff is Messed Up" because this was a stop on their Shit is Fucked Up Tour. AWESOME! Shit truly is fucked up... Plus they had a really weird intermission that involved a giant inflatable army man, and a few techs with hidden talents (dancing, juggling, pogo, blowing bubbles...). So yeah, that was a fun time. After the show we met up with Maddie and the Pfieffers. They too went to The Offspring, but came at like 9, so where far, far to the outside (whereas we were front row bitches!!!). So we all rode the shuttle bus back home, and Maddie was gracious enough to give us a ride from the stop, back home. However, I was smart when I got home. The first thing I did was pop an ibuprofen. I slept like a baby. Well, I slept like a baby until I had to wake up 5 hours later. I had some waffles for breakfast, then trucked my shit on into work... Needless to say, 2 days of sitting out in the sun all day, and rocking all night doesn't make for a good morning. So I've been pretty dead here at work all day, but luckily it's been dead here too. The first five hours weren't bad. I took my break, walked to Pick N' Save and got myself a boss. And now my second four hours of this shift are being little bitches and have me alone and dealing with stupid people... God, I just wanna go home, take a shower (yeah, about that... I was covered in sweat (as I always am after a good concert (half of which isn't mine though)) went to bed, then came here. I just slapped on some deodorant this morning. So I'm pretty disgusting right now...) and get some real sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the fall publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=internet download manager ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg