Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wild Rose Just Got A Little Wilder!!!

So, for all of you who (and I guarantee I can count you all with one hand) read my blog, you’re in for a treat, This entire post will be devoted solely to this past week. And I know what you’re thinking “fuck you douche”… oh wait… no, you were thinking, “get off the internets”. No. Still not it. Okay, you were thinking, “but why does a single blog post summing up an entire week come off as anything original or exciting. Well my crack addicted friend, it’s special because this past week was the Bum-bum-bum! Annual-vacation-where-we-go-up-north-to-Kiwi’s-Grandma’s-house! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, without further ado, the unabriged retelling of this past week:Okay, our venture started off Monday morning when Steve and that noisy ho- I mean Catherin- rolled up and pulled Andrew and I inside. We had to make a stop at Pick N’ Save first to pick up some ice. Then we fought a giant crab beast. He was a dick. So we killed the giant crab beast. Then we all floated on rainbows over to Kiwi’s house. From there we tried tetris-ing all of our crap (including ourselves) into the van (oh, yeah, I forgot, we didn’t fly on a raindow, because Steve drove the van…). So we finally got all of our stuff packed before we headed out. “On the road again, I just can’t wait to get on the road again” Steve, Catherine. Check. “The life I love is makin’ music with my friends” Myself, Andrew. Check. “And I can’t wait to get on the road again” Kiwi. Check. “On the road again, goin’ places that I’ve never been” FUCK!… We forgot Jacob… So we quick went to his house and got him and all of his stuff. And then we left again. It was clear to see from the second we left that this trip would be different from last year’s. Probably the biggest difference was the inclusion of the now legal Catherine. The introduction of boobs to the trip was bound to create a totally new side of things. Anywho, the trip there was pretty tame. We listened through Andrew’s playlist, which mainly consisted of the same material he wanted on his playlist last year, which was somehow never burned. I basically read for most of the trip (Matrix comics vol. 1. One of my newest books). We made two stops on the way up. The first stop was at a fireworks shop. It was basically a big warehouse with a lot of scary things that go boom. Unfortunately almost this places entire stock of fireworks were huge and expensive, clearly for proffesional-ish type displays, whereas we just wanted some cheap colorful explosions… So we left only buying a few things. Steve got a rocket. We also walked across the street to Piggly-Wiggly. There, we picked up two 12 packs of game fuel (Sweet!). We also took some pictures with the game fuel signs out front. After that it was back in the van for some more drivin’. Our next stop was at a park for lunch. Lunch was pretty mundane, and we finished pretty quick so we could get back on the road (hrumph… no time to play in the park…). So, making some good time, we arrived sometime in the early afternoon. We were there a total of four days, and three nights. In that time we ate chicken, brats/hotdogs, pork steaks, and way too much luncheon meat. We went mini golfing on, luckily, one of the only bright days we had, and had our customary ice-cream after that. Although the weather was overcast almost the entire time, the rain never really got in our activities way. Well, it did rain like every night putting a damper on us putting up a tent. The whole no tent thing was sorta a double edged sword to me. On one hand, we didn’t have to put up, or take down the tent, plus we got to stay inside and watch tv etc. And yet, without the camping out aspect, it seemed less like a wilderness get away… We launched fireworks every single night. We watched WAY too much of the Disney channel (Michael Clark Douglas, ftw!) and some Nick. I must say, I don’t altogether hate iCarly (please don’t laugh at me…). We did make it out on the lake a few times. And, of course, we helped Kiwi’s grandma with her housework. All in all, the trip was a sucsess. I really don’t think there’s much that could be done to make the trip an altogether bust, but there were a lot of things that we did do differently this time around. I’m not saying that that’s a bad thing, but moat weren’t really good either. Take for instance… We didn’t get any fresh corn… Now, I’m not even that big a fan of corn on the cob (sorry), but I did miss it. It’s one of those things, where if I’m in the mood for it, I really feel like being festive with it, but it was a no show. Also, like I said before, no tent. And, the whole Catherine thing. Don’t mistake my words here, I love Catherine, but having her there was, at times, a bit of a strain. Why? Because she is a chick, who, admittingly, has “characteristics” typically desired by men. Now, all stereotypical masculinity aside, she’s a cutie. She has a nice body and a happy and bubbly personality. However, once you introduce a woman (who at times wore only her swimsuit) into a group of super-single losers, you tend to get an insect to light sort of reaction. Asnd the other side of that was Steve getting more and more sick of us all over her (not really physically all over, we’re not like that…). Another facit of the trip that was out of place was our sleeping patterns. Usially we were on each others cases if we slept past 10, or stayed up past midnight… but we really didn’t care about each others sleeping habits this time around. I guess one of the main reasons we did that though was because we were all fucking sick… Which was another thing I really could have done without… So yeah, that kinda gives you an idea of what I’ve been up to. And then on the way home, we stopped again that the same Piggly-Wiggly, where game fuel was now 5 for $1 20oz. bottles. Yeah… We left with 97 bottles when all was said and done… Win… wiat, no. Epic Win.
Anywho, like I said before, we were all sick during the trip, which, some of us still are. So, I’m just gonna end this here so I can go to bed.
Next up on my totally awesome summer schedule: Summerfest

No comments: