Saturday, May 30, 2009

They Just Keep Swimming...

Hello again, and welcome to today's edition of Life: Shit Happens. In today's blog, you will be let into the secret goings ons of my job. So, here goes.

First, I woke up this morning. At 8 o'clock!... 8 o'clock! Granted, I fell back asleep until closer to 8:45, but 8 o'clock! So I finally got up, and made myself a bolw of ceral and then was off to work. It's not like I had to work that early... at least not yet... No, today's big news was a staff meeting. Now, this particular staff meeting, is again, an important one. The past few have been improtant almost solely because of talks of people getting laid off. Now, They've been talking about cutting people since before the new year, so I was pretty set on the fact that we were all staying, but there was the occasional scare. Plus, what with my position transfer and all, I had a lot of unanswered questions. So, needless to say, this was an important one. However, there were a lot of holes... I got a few well needed insites into the move, but there was so much stuff that still has yet to be determined. And we move in 8 days! That meeting was about an hour long (which I did get paid for), and then I probably stuck around for another 20 minutes or so talking to the people who were actually working. And, while I was still there, the floor manager discovered that there was a huge discrepensy in the scheadule... So who did they ask to come in? Me. My hors for the day went from 2-5, to 12-5. AND, because there was still no one scheaduled hours later. So, who did they ask to fill this gap? Me. Now my brand new 12-5, turned into 12-8. Thus, I work now 12-8 both Saturday, and Sunday. The only bright spot, is in the time after I left the meeting, to starting at 12, I went and got a BOSS (again, 5$... W00T!!!). So, now here I am. Greeting. I shouldn't complain, it is an easy job. All you have to do is sit, smile, and scan peoples cards. However, it is a very dull job. Plus you really get to talk to some truly stupid people. Another down side to greeter is the fact that there's a swim meet. True, I am not part of the swim meet, and I'm really not working at keeping it running, but I do have to put up with swimmer douches all day. First, I have to try and differentiate, which people coming into the building want to use our facilities, or are here for the swim meet. Which isn't bad, I just do a shitty job of screening people, and they naturally end up where they need to go. However, there are still swimmers around. Swimmers who are not in the water. And swimmers who are not in the water are douches that just won't shut the fuck up... And somehow they all think they're changing the world by swimming gooder. God, they're dumb as FUCK!!! Grrr, but enough about that, if I start, it won't stop (and for anyone who has ever read my blog ever, you have likely witnessed me p.m.s. about swim meets). Blarg. It's gonna be a long weekend. And, still no sign of anybody taking any of my shifts...

No comments: