Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ring Around The Rosie

Hi. I should probably be in bed right now, seeing as how I do have a fairly improtant meeting in the morning, but, I figured, why not talk to people that don't exist. Thus, I write a blog post :)

So... work. Basically it's like this: I got out of school, oh, say about three weeks ago, and I have already gotten fed up with myself. Almost immediately out of the school scheadule, I know wake up at noon and fall asleep around 4 to 5 in the morning... these are not normal hours... Needless to say, waking up at noon, going to work in the afternoon, and wasting hours on end either on the lollernet, or just sitting around at Kiwi's has really put me in this... funk. I've got BIG plans for this summer! There are so many things I want/need to get down, and I feel that I'm not even chipping away at it. True, summer has just started, but still. I mean, my whole June is already booked up (okay, not literally, but it feels like it). June is gonna run kinda like this:
June 4th is my birthday (coincedentily, it's my mom's birthday too... And Steph, but no one loves her), sadly, I've got work. I'm pretty sure the kidlings have graduation somwhere around there. Then, the 14th, I've got to find someone to sub for me because my mom's work has some uber crazy outing to the zoo (I'm going for two reasons 1. My mom pays for all of my clothes, food and bills 2. it includes tons of free shit!). The very next morning, I'm up and out the door. Off to Kiwi's Grandma's cottage for a tradition as old as time... That'll be a week (which I still need to find subs for...) and almost right after we get back, the big gig blows up like Hiroshima! that's right Summerfest, the most pimp-tastic thing around (suck it Illinois!). So, I've got 4 major days planned out for this years line-up. Shiny Toy Guns, Rise Against, The Airborne Toxic Event (being opened up by Cage The Elephant), and none other than The Offspring. 3 out of those 4 days, I need off of work. Oh, and one other thing to mention about work... I will be working almost double the amount of hours I was before (it's actually like 1.5, but double sounds scarier), and I'm being transfored positions. So, as soon as I find a new spot in the team, and are given tons of free hours, I ask off time and time again. And because I'm just a part time employee who's only been there a little over a year, I really don't get any benefits... So I have to find subs for all of these dates... God forbid they just give me some damn vacation time, and fill them in for me... Well, like I said, more hours. Which basically equates to, I no longer have a weekend (8-5 every Saturday, and 2-8:30 every Sunday. Plus a Thursday shift, plus loose talks of me picking up Fridays starting in July...). Which, I mean, the money'll be great, but my social life will become even more of a wreck than it is now... and I want to be in a relationship. Bah! So that's where I'm at with that. June will be a CrAzY time for me, so for those of you who will see me, or at least for those of you who read this, bere with me here, it's gonna get nutz!

No comments: